Danny's Ramblings

Let there be light

Created on Sunday, October 02 2016 21:32

Slowly but surely things are getting knocked off my to do list. Some things don't always go as planned, but it's still progress even if it feels like it's not always forward. Managed to fix our garage door opener. The lamp on it stopped turning on when you opened or closed the door. Turns out our old garage door operator uses a thermal light delay switch. It took a bit of doing, but it was fairly painless to fix it up.

Not so with the other two items I attempted. Even with a whole bag of replacement parts, fuel lines, gas tank grommet, air filter, spark plug, and carburetor, the Mantis is still not starting. Brutal. I also started work on refurbishing an old Cordomatic 800 work light. After opening it up, much of it was quite rusted inside. The cords themselves were also quite worn. I replaced some bits, but a continuity test revealed something is still not quite right. Somewhere there's a short, but I can't quite figure out if it's the sweeps or something intermittent in the old cord I'm trying to reuse.

Not going to give up on either, but it's gonna be a while for me to figure it all out.